Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Very eBay Christmas

Ah, the magic of the season! There is nothing to match the joy of finding just the right gift for that special someone only to discover that it's just the right gift for many other special someones out there. What to do when that perfect gift is sold out everywhere? Why, head to eBay, of course, where--after the adrenaline rush that can only be found as you watch the final seconds tick by at the end of an auction, setting your bid to that strategic number, timing the entry of that bid that allows the page to load but no one to outbid you--you can pay twice as much for the item as you would have paid for it in the store had you made the decision to buy it just a week sooner. But even after all that, you're going to feel so happy that you will actually feel grateful to the opportunist who bought the item from the store even though they didn't want it (!) for the sole purpose of selling it back to you at an exorbitant profit.

By the way, if anyone sees a green Leappad Explorer in a store somewhere, call me. Ho ho ho!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading the inside workings of your mind about ebay. I actually mentioned you (not in name) on a discussion board for a class I am taking. We were discussing ebay and I said that I had a friend who even bought a car on ebay :) You are the ebay queen! I will keep my eyes on the lookout for a Leappad Explorer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually ended up being able to sell that car for what we paid for it. A great purchase, that!

    ReplyDelete