Monday, February 13, 2012

The Silver Lining

When I was a kid and got sick, my mom would make me corn pancakes and let me lie on the couch and watch tv. Now, I know that being sick was just as miserable then as now, but I actually have good memories of those sick days. Hopefully this isn't considered overly aberrant behavior--I'm going to tell myself that some of you feel the same way.

I asked my family what their best memories were from this past sickness. After they gave me a number of strange looks, I got some answers like: "The moment I felt better" and "When I finally stopped coughing." I had to push and prod (and endure being called a Pollyanna), but they finally came around. So here is what we loved about being sick:

1. Watching movies (lots of movies)
2. Sleeping in
3. Soup
4. Reading (lots of reading)
5. Playing Air Penguin past bedtime
6. Replacing school work with video games

My personal favorite was a night when my little one was suffering with a fever. We got some medicine in him, then he snuggled up in bed with me while we played Angry Birds until he fell asleep on my shoulder. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment